Thursday 15 August 2013

What an excellent day...

There's nothing like a good day that starts as a good day, remains a good day, and ends a good day. I met with mom for breakfast this morning since I didn't start work till 12:30. I can't say how much I LOVE that woman. Mom knows me and understands me like no one else. I think our love languages just match up perfectly. I never feel drama or politics with her. I always understands where she's coming from and feel like she understands where I'm coming from. I never worry about feeling judged by her. We share many of the same passions and when she gets passionate about something, I often get passionate about it too. We both have a bizarre love of chickens, gardening, reading. Mom came loaded with gifts for me. Dan has often said in a joking way that food is the way to my heart. Well, he's right. I love food. I need food and if I don't get it when I need it, well, watch out. And now (wait for it, here's the big news.....) that I'm pregnant, if I don't eat regularly and often (only little bits) I get sick. So, being the understanding woman that she is, she brought a cooler LOADED with ziplock bags filled with snacks. Oatmeal raison cookies, dried fruit, nuts, etc. I haven't really looked through it since I'm supposed to keep it in the car and nibble as I drive. I'm feeling guilty about eating enough of the right foods and I do a lot of driving so this is the solution. What a wonderful mom. Isn't that just beautiful? And it keeps getting better. We both are getting into knitting. Maybe it's the hormones, maybe it's nesting(???) but now, I suddenly want to be able to knit diaper covers for the baby (I'll be cloth diapering and don't even try to talk me out of it). Mom not only is encouraging me, she has my extremely talented aunt on board who is lending me her favourite knitting needles. Mom bought me my first project and two balls of yarn. After breakfast, which she paid for, she taught me how to cast on. I can't wait to get back to it.


Later that day, Dan texts me telling me he's cleaned my puke bowl (the toilet, thanks), the kitchen, and the living room. Isn't that just music to your ears? It is to mine. What a wonderful husband. I came home to a house with smelling of spring (he opened the windows) and slightly of bathroom cleaner. Sigh...


Dan is out tonight for a meeting so after work I went out for a coffee with a co-worker to just let out work frustrations. Sometimes that can be a dangerous bitch fest but it was good. He's a really supportive guy that is good at both setting me straight and encouraging me so it was good to chat without having a flippen receptionist spying on me and watching the clock.


So, really, what a good day. Now I'm going to get back to the knitting since that's all I've been thinking about today. That, and the food.


(This is my entry back into the blogging world!)

No comments:

Post a Comment