Tuesday 6 August 2013

OK, Mom, here it is...

Pictures of the new house! We moved here in April/May and I still feel like I'm adjusting to this being "home". I love it, it's beautiful, but I just can't believe we live in this place!! It's ginormous! It's beautiful. It's got really crappy soil (I'm going to have to do something about that). So, here's just a few pictures. They are supposed to be of the house but I added people in there just to make it interesting.


So this is the front of the house. There's already tons of weeds in the flower beds and the tulips have been blown away by our crazy winds we've been having but there's lots of room for creativity and playing there.

When you walk in the front door, there's stairs going up and down. The downstairs is like a whole other apartment. Going upstairs puts you directly in the living room, and kitchen. Down the hall to the right are the bedrooms.
The kitchen is quite large with lots of cupboard options. Thankfully Cass helped me pack and move the kitchen. I'm the worst kitchen planner so between Cass and Dan they figured out the best cupboards for the kitchen stuff.



If you look out the back window of the kitchen you would see this back yard. The yard has a fence but on the inside of the fence there's all cedars. I like them but I have to learn how to prune them and make them look healthy. Unfortunately we have the worst lawn on the block (except for the one property that has let their yard go ferrel, complete with garbage) but that will be a project for Dan and I to work on for the next few years.




The kitchen has a door at the back which leads to a landing where I can HANG THE CLOTHES ON THE LINE!!!! Woohoooo. I'm super excited about clothes lines! There's a bit of a back pad that can be worked on over the next few years to our tastes. Already we have two beautiful muskoka chairs that Rich and Dave made for us for a house warming gift. So sweet. I love that. Good friends.




So that's it for now. The rest of the tour you will see when you come to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment