Thursday 15 November 2012

Evening shifts

This week I have a lot of hours but most of my shifts are closing shifts. That's a good thing and a bad thing. I like having my mornings and not having to get up so early. On the other hand, I won't get home before 9:00 any night this week.... these are my prime cooking hours. I love cooking in the evening and it's rarely too late to start a project. I definitely wasn't planning that when I went shopping this weekend. I bought sooo many fun ingredients that I hoped would inspire some fun cooking projects. I bought a block of Parmesan cheese, prosciutto, leek, 2 whole chickens (they were on sale), fresh parsley, 2 different types of pasta, savoy cabbage.... the list goes on. Now what am I going to do? I don't want to freeze those chickens but I don't know when I'm going to get the chance to cook them. Besides, who feels like cooking a supper in the morning?! And even if I do, I'll have to throw it into the fridge for Dan to reheat when he comes home. Maybe I can do some slow cooker meals this week. We rarely eat a real dinner anyways and the whole point of the meal is to make something good to take for lunch the next day.
Besides all of this, I did cook this morning. I spent some time researching a good recipe and then.... ta da!! Browned bread crumbs and pasta!




oh, so anticlimactic!!! I can't upload my pictures!! so sad. Well, briefly, it was shell pasta, browned bread crumbs, prosciutto and Parmesan cheese all tossed together and topped with some parsley. The next picture was of my empty bowl. It wasn't bad for the mid morning. It wasn't a really fulfilling meal to make. I wasn't really inspired, hungry or filled up. Oh well, it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment